Saturday, September 10, 2011

Where would leather be without lace?

Today is National Lacemaking Day in Britain, and I have to wonder why this holiday hasn't caught on yet in the States. Let's see if I can explain my (odd) logic:

Lace is associated with romance, right?  Frederick's of Hollywood was probably founded on the tenet that a few scraps of lace artfully arranged on a bosomy female form constitutes the penultimate romance-inducing outfit.  (And Hollywood, by the way, is in the States...*nods*).  Add some lace to leather, and you get dangerous romance.  And who doesn't love dangerous romance?

And romance happens to be the top-selling fiction genre in North America (which, by the way, includes the States).

So, follow me here, if lace is romance, and romance is loved by America, then..... ergo..... that's right..... lace is loved by America!  And we should celebrate its making!  Since I happen to be of the 'dangerous romance' bent, I'm thinking I might add some actual lace laces to my leather motorcycle boots...

No comments:

Post a Comment